Flagpedia.net is a carefully maintained website with a goal to provide best overview and source of country flags.
Flag images from this website are over 12 years widely used in news magazines, websites, software, mobile apps and master's theses. One of excellent research with using Flagpedia.net as the main source is What is the most patriotic color on Time.com.
Included country flags
- All 249 countries that are part of ISO 3166-1 country codes
- Kosovo with code
XKthat is not currently part of ISO 3166-1, but is temporary used by many organizations (IMF, SWIFT, European Commission)
- Constituent countries of the United Kingdom (ISO 3166-2:GB):
- Northern Ireland
Some countries have unofficial flags assigned. They are more frequently used than official flags and also correspond to emoji:
- Caribbean Netherlands (official is the flag of Netherlands)
- French Guiana (official is the flag of France)
- Guadeloupe (official is the flag of France)
- Martinique (official is the flag of France)
- Mayotte (official is the flag of France)
- New Caledonia (official is the flag of France)
- Northern Ireland (official is the flag of United Kingdom)
- Réunion (official is the flag of France)
- Saint Barthélemy (official is the flag of France)
- Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (official is the flag of United Kingdom)
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon (official is the flag of France)
- Wallis and Futuna (official is the flag of France)
There are a few countries having the same flag as another country:
- Bouvet Island (same flag as Norway)
- Saint Martin (same flag as France)
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen (same flag as Norway)
- United States Minor Outlying Islands (same flag as United States)
Flag images are based on vector files from Wikipedia Commons. We are automatically notified of changes and manually review them before processing.
Flag images are licensed under public domain license. You can also download all flags for non-commercial and even commercial use for free. If it is possible, please indicate the source Flagpedia.net, thanks!
Something you would like to discuss? Send an email to or use contact form.